As we approach a year since the infrastructure law passed, the discussion will center around the plans put in place to use the monies as well as what challenges and opportunities lie ahead. The discussion points will include:
- The rollout of IIJA
- How easy/difficult has it been to receive the money from the government – any administrative challenges?
- Interplay with the states and monies going to local governments
- What new programs/updates to existing projects are issuers pursuing?
- Impact of inflation: How are issuers, policy makers, and capital facilities thinking about their expenditure plans in light of labor and material costs?
- How to finance large projects and plan a 30-year bond under current circumstances?